I am very spoiled when it comes to mascara. My mom always surprises me with a new one. It is such a treat. Recently she purchased me Benefit’s “They’re Real!” Mascara. I used it for a month. I was not convinced. But then I switched back to my old mascara brand and was appalled. “They’re Real!” Mascara was so much better.
I ordered myself another one from Sephora and have been a happy customer ever since.
This mascara is on the spendy side. It is actually the only expensive mascara I would say is worth it. I really have tried them all. Well, not really, but I have tried a lot. Benefit’s mascara is much better, in my opinion.
I have small eyelashes. I am tremendously jealous of the folks who were blessed with gorgeous eyelashes. I must be content to just enhance mine. I am by no means thinking people are going to think my eyelashes are so great they are not real. But they are much better than what I wake up with.
This does the trick. The best it can with what it has to work with.
If you do not want to spend that much money on mascara, I have ranked my favorites in order of 1-3. I also rated them based on what I have experienced with the products. The last two can be found at the grocery or drug store for much less and I think they work beautifully.
1. Benefit They’re Real! Mascara (9/10. The reason this gets a 9 and not a 10, is because it is hard to remove.)
2. Cover Girl Lash Blast Fusion (the purple mold) (8.25/10: Easy to remove. Great application.)
3. Maybelline Great Lash ( in the pink case) (8/10: Also easy to remove. Does not produce as long of eyelashes as above products.)
4. (For good measure) Lancome Doll Lashes (7.5/10: Harder to remove. Good product the first couple of applications. Not as good after that. But produces better lashes than any of the other products the first few applications.)
It’s the little things: longer eyelashes. The ultimate quest fulfilled.
Have you tried this mascara? What is your favorite mascara?
* Again, this is simply my review. Your miles (or eyelashes in this case) may vary.
Edited to add at 9:45 a.m.: I recommend going to your local Sephora or make up counter for a sample size of the expensive mascaras or to test them out before purchasing a full size.